Job title: TEACHING ASSISTANT – 27.5 hours (5 days a week) Fixed Term until 31st August 2024 Term time only
School name: Old Hutton CE Primary School
Address: Old Hutton, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 0NQ
Telephone no: 01539 732778
Employer: Cumbria County Council
Date posted: 26/6/2023
Closing date: 7/7/2023
Location: Old Hutton, KENDAL
Salary: Teaching Assistant - Grade 5 £21,968 (pro rata)
Job category/type: Teaching Assistant (Primary)
Post details: 27.5 hours (5 days a week) Fixed Term Teaching Assistant, required for September 2023
The Governing Body of Old Hutton Primary School seek to recruit a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be:
• an outstanding, enthusiastic, resilient and creative teaching assistant with experience of providing highly effective support for pupils’ learning, teachers’ teaching and classroom management
• experienced in working with pupils in KS1 and KS2
• experienced in supporting pupils with SEND, including both 1-1 and small group, and those with speech & language, emotional and behaviour needs
• able to work flexibly as part of a dedicated staff team with high expectations in our small, friendly, rural school
• a good communicator who is able to liaise with staff, parents/carers and outside agencies
• understanding of our special church school ethos and able to be a positive role model for our Christian Values
• interested/experienced in using outdoor learning, including forest schools
• confident to share and develop their own skills and experience
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• become part of an outstanding, successful and popular school located on the edge of the beautiful Lake District National Park in Cumbria
• join a strong, supportive staff and governor team and wider community with a real ‘family’ feel
• work with enthusiastic, caring pupils
• contribute to our exciting, inspiring curriculum
Applicants should note that the TA post is advertised on a fixed-term contract basis due to it being a maternity cover.
Our school is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the principles of child protection, safeguarding and safer recruitment and to promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to enhanced DBS, suitable references and pre-employment checks.
Please download the application pack below or use the above details to contact our school Headteacher for further information.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed; please get in touch to make an appointment.
Closing date: by 3pm on Friday 7th July 2023
Shortlisting on Friday 7th July 2023
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th July 2023
Post to commence as soon as possible after Monday 4th September 2023